Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Create monster is the result of using any of the following to summon a monster:
- scroll of create monster
- wand of create monster
- spell from spellbook of create monster
- apply a bag of tricks
- most common effect of a magic trap
- ctrl + g in wizard mode. Specify ] to create a random monster.
All of the above create the same types of monsters with the same relative probabilities as those randomly generated out of sight - in short, unspecified opponents of appropriate difficulty.
Other than that, a large number of more specialized ways to create monsters exists. See the extinctionism spoiler for a complete list; some examples are:
- summon nasties
- summon insects
- acid blobs from confused scroll of create monster
- throne looting
- fountain quaffing
- sink kicking
- engraving on tombstones
- cursed scroll of genocide
- werecreatures' help summoning
- Demon summoning
- pudding and gremlin splitting
Using "create monster" is an important part of extinctionism, because it is the fastest way to generate monsters to make extinct.