Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are several commands in NetHack that use Ctrl key. Ctrl key allows sending some non-printable characters to NetHack. The Mac port uses Apple.
Commands that use CtrlEdit
- Press Ctrl + t to teleport.
- Press Ctrl + d to kick something.
- Press Ctrl + a to redo the previous command.
- Press Ctrl + p to repeat previous messages.
- Press Ctrl + c to quit game.
- Press Ctrl + r to redraw screen.
- Press Ctrl + x to show your attributes.
- Press Ctrl + z to suspend NetHack. (tty version only)
- Pressing Ctrl + [ or Ctrl + @ is equivalent to pressing ESC key (cancells commands).
- Pressing Ctrl with direction key will move that direction untill you are near something.
Several commands are available only in Wizard mode.
- Press Ctrl + e to search a room.
- Press Ctrl + f to map the level.
- Press Ctrl + g to create monster.
- Press Ctrl + i to identify all your items.
- Press Ctrl + o to show locations of special levels.
- Press Ctrl + v to levelport (pressing ? will show you menu with special levels).
- Press Ctrl + w to wish for an object.
- Press Ctrl + x to show your attributes and intrinsics.
- Ctrl + m acts in a same way as Ctrl + j
- Ctrl + s and Ctrl + q are sometimes used to pause and resume terminal output (tty version only). If NetHacks seems to stop respoding, try pressing Ctrl + q, especially if you use Screen program.