To drop something is to remove it from your inventory and place it on the ground under you. While levitating, the item is dropped from a height; if the item is fragile it may shatter. Dropping items is often necessary since carrying too much weight will cause the player to become burdened. The player's pack only has a limited amount of space, too -- in most cases, only enough room for two different items for each letter of the alphabet.
- Press d to drop an item
- Press shift + d to drop several items
If dropping multiple items, you will be given the option to select different categories of items to drop:
- "What kinds of things do you want to drop? [!%= BUCXaium]"
- Options include:
- B - drop all objects known to be blessed.
- U - drop all objects known to be uncursed.
- C - drop all objects known to be cursed.
- X - drop all objects of unknown B/U/C status.
- a - drop all objects, without asking for confirmation.
- i - examine your inventory before dropping anything.
- u - drop only unpaid objects (when in a shop).
- m - use a menu to pick which object(s) to drop.
You may also combine the options in a single shift + d command:
- D%u - drop only unpaid food.
- Death drop for items that monsters drop after something kills them.