Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Experience points or XP are units that are used to gain experience levels. They can be shown with the "showexp" option.
Experience points can be gained by:
- Killing monsters, with stronger monsters awarding more points.
- Eating tripe, yielding 1 XP (50% chance).
- The first minor consultation from the Oracle gives 5 XP.
- The first major consultation gives 55 XP or more, depending on your level.
- Quaffing from sinks, which can give 1 XP (5% chance).
- Untrapping squeaky boards, for 1 XP.
See the oracle page for the precise mechanics, in particular, order matters.
A blessed potion of gain level gives you enough XP for the next level as well as halfway to the next level, while an uncursed potion, a wraith corpse or a "very educational experience" with a foocubus just gives you enough XP needed to gain the one level.
When you lose a level, your XP is set to 1 less than your current level needs.