Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fire burns organic material and boils potions and water. Objects in containers are not affected. Intrinsic fire resistance does not protect items in a players main inventory; and reflection guards them from ray attacks only, not fire traps. Some melee fire attacks can be protected against with magic cancellation. Fire occurs in NetHack in several places:
- Wands of fire
- Scrolls of fire
- Spellbooks of fireball
- Fire horn
- Fire traps
- Fire resistance
- Fireproof items
- Fire ants, fire elementals, fire vortices, flaming spheres, red nagas, pyrolisks, hell hounds, red dragons and salamanders all have fire attacks.
- Extreme heat from Lava, Red molds and Steam vortices causes fire damage.
- You can inflict fire attacks in meleé by wielding the artifact weapon Fire Brand.
- The Plane of Fire is the third of the Elemental Planes
- Accepted sacrifices on a neutral or chaotic altar explode in a burst of flame. Thankfully, this flame does not interact with you, so you have to worry about neither burning nor boiling potions.
- features the new role of Flame Mage and the artifact athame named Firewall, which deals fire damage.
- The following SLASH'EM monsters have fire attacks: lava blobs, hellcats, hellrats, movanic devas, hellbats, fire vampires, wax golems, ruby golems, and crystal golems.