Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flying is an intrinsic property. The effects of flying are:
- You can pass over pits, holes, trap doors, squeaky boards, bear traps, water or lava safely. (Pits and holes in Sokoban will still trap you.)
- Land mines have a chance of not being triggered, and will not wound your legs.
- Improved chances of avoiding death by drawbridge.
- You can move freely over ice or on the Plane of Air.
- Wounded legs do not reduce your carrying capacity.
- No ill effects from descending stairs when encumbered, fumbling or punished.
- You are out of reach of xans' attacks.
- You escape the dungeon rather than dying by level teleporting to levels between -9 and -1.
- You can dip objects into water, unlike with levitation.
- You cannot pick up items trapped in a pit.
- You cannot snag underwater items with a bullwhip - put on a levitation item if needed.
You can acquire this property by polymorphing into a flying monster:
- killer bee
- queen bee
- winged gargoyle
- mind flayer
- master mind flayer
- lurker above
- any monster represented by v, y, B, D, E, or V.
You can also fly by riding a flying monster:
There are some flying monsters which you cannot polymorph into:
- Vlad the Impaler
- Wizard of Yendor
- The Riders
- Mail daemon
- Minion of Huhetotl
You can sometimes displace flying monsters by kicking them. If the "foo swoops, nimbly evading your kick" than it is moved to a random vacant square adjacent to you.
In the source code, a monster is defined as flying if it has the M1_FLY flag. Note that flying is different from levitation, and monsters represented by an e levitate rather than fly, even though they possess the M1_FLY flag.
Source code referencesEdit
|This page is based on a spoiler by Dylan O'Donnell. The original license is:
Redistribution, copying, and editing of these spoilers, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: