This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
(Sorry! The topic is "Help!My god angered me" .Can I edit topic?)
When I sacrifice ,I get "You have a feeling of inadequacy."
What can I do? Wait ?
(I am chaotic)
As I read the spoiler, the monsters you're sacrificing aren't tough enough to mollify your god. See if you can find tougher monsters to sacrifice. (This may require levelling up, both to create tougher monsters and to have them not kill you.) Unfortunately, as a chaotic the monsters have to be even tougher than for other alignments (value of 12 or higher, though I'm not sure exactly how value is calculated).Slandor 16:30, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Try sacrificing black puddings. I guess they are the most manageable of the "tough" monsters for a low-level character. You can summon one by kicking a sink and split it a few times with an iron non-weapon object. Three sacrifices should be enough. See pudding farming and Elbereth for details. Tjr 17:06, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- You could also try sacrificing a former pet on another god's altar; the good thing about this is you can do it repeatedly until your god's anger is zero; the bad thing is that you'll have to arrange the death of a pet to do so. You can kill it yourself (use - to attack it), or let a monster with a strong passive attack (jellies, usually) do the job for you; killing it yourself will cause a nice little alignment and luck penalty, but those can be offset by sacrificing to your own no longer angry god. Another option, although I think this one only works to reduce anger by one, is to sacrifice a cross-aligned (in your case, grey or white) unicorn on an altar of its own alignment (neutral or lawful, respectively). Basically in both these cases you piss off another god, who will smite you, reducing your own god's anger against you.
- And no, waiting won't work; divine anger never times out, unfortunately. -Ion frigate 17:39, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Deliberately getting another god to smite you seems awfully risky -- since the base smiting value is half your alignment, and alignment is usually pretty high (though maybe not if your god is angry or you just killed your pet), then I'd think that if you're late enough in the game there's a pretty good chance of getting zapped. After which an angry god will no longer be a problem. Even so, the other effects of smiting can be pretty nasty. -- Slandor 17:53, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Beware of dish washers if you kick sinks. (Unless you're both pretty and smart.) One of the negative seduction effects is a level drain.--Ray Chason 12:43, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks a lot. I will try. (sppmg)