Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Several monsters have "gaze attacks", which enables them to attack by glaring at you. You can protect yourself from these by blinding yourself in advance. Additionally, a blind or cancelled monster cannot successfully use a gaze attack. Blinding yourself is more reliable, however. A monster's gaze is also rendered impotent if it is invisible, provided the victim cannot see invisible.
The following monsters have gaze attacks:
- Floating eye (passive paralyzing gaze)
- Pyrolisk (fiery gaze that burns objects in your inventory)
- Archon (radiant gaze that blinds and stuns you)
- Umber hulk (confusing gaze)
- Medusa (petrifying gaze)
- Baalzebub (stunning gaze)
The following new SLASH'EM monsters have gaze attacks:
- Glowing eye (same as Archon)
- Bloodshot eye (same as Baalzebub)
- Blinking eye (blinking gaze that teleports you)
- Catoblepas (fatal gaze)
- Planetar (same as Archon)
- Solar (same as Archon)
- Water hulk (same as umber hulk)
- Chasme (sleep-inducing gaze)
- Babau (poisonous gaze)
- Cthulhu (same as umber hulk)
- Rhaumbusun (active paralyzing gaze)
- Beholder (same as catoblepas, Baalzebub, umber hulk, and chasme; also has a gaze that deals direct damage)