Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Inediate means non-eating, and in NetHack refers to a creature that does not need to eat any kind of food to stay alive. Inediate pets can sometimes be difficult to keep tame, because usually when a pet eats, it becomes tamer.
A player who completes the game without eating is said to have achieved the foodless conduct.
Generally, monsters that are undead, demonic, angelic, or otherwise magical in nature are inediate, but there are exceptions, like ghouls. Some creatures that are inediate in NetHack, like bees and fungi, would be classified differently in the real world.
Inediate monsters: Edit
- Acid blobs and quivering blobs
- Floating eyes, gas spores, shocking spheres, freezing spheres, and flaming spheres
- Gargoyles and gremlins
- Homunculi, manes, imps, lemures, quasits, and tengu
- blue jellies, spotted jellies, and ochre jellies
- Vortices and fog clouds
- Grid bugs and xan
- Angelic beings
- Elementals and stalkers
- Keystone Kops
- Barrow wights, wraiths, and nazgul
- Zombies and skeletons
- Ghosts and shades
- Djinni, Demons and the Riders