Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|[ leather armor|
Leather armor confers two points of AC without hindering spellcasting, and is worn in the main armor slot. It does not need to be identified (except for enchantment). Leather armor can be created by killing a leather golem, or can be worn into the dungeon by a caveman or a rogue. Leather armor is resistant to rust but susceptible to rot.
Armor comprises 10% of all randomly-generated items in the main dungeon, 0% in containers, 12% on the Rogue level, and 20% in Gehennom. There is a 82 in 964, or ~8.5%, chance that a randomly spawned armor object will be studded leather armor.
- Leather golems drop 2d4 leather armors when slain, as per their death drop.
- Studded leather armor is one of the protective items that can be spawned of certain eligible monsters—including all of the Yendorian army, as well as watchmen and watch captains.
- Many spellcasters prefer leather or studded leather armor in the early game, as neither hinders spellcasting. It can also be easy to find positively enchanted leather armor by curse-testing and then wear-testing armor dropped by leather golems.
- ↑ http://www.steelypips.org/nethack/343/armr-343.html
- ↑ http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.nethack/msg/e34120648c374754