Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
logfile is the file that contains a line of data for each game played. This file is in the same directory as the nethack executable binary.
Each line contains several fields, separated by a space, for example:
#: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 data: 3.4.3 916 0 5 6 0 28 1 20060611 20060611 1031 Wiz Gno Fem Neu paxed,killed by a boiling potion
The fields are as follows:
- version. In this case, it's 3.4.3
- dungeon number. These correspond to the DUNGEON-definitions in dungeon.def-file.
- 0 The Dungeons of Doom
- 1 Gehennom
- 2 The Gnomish Mines
- 3 The Quest
- 4 Sokoban
- 5 Fort Ludios
- 6 Vlad's Tower
- 7 Elemental Planes. The dungeon level -field denotes the plane.
- dungeon level. This is normally positive, except in the case of Elemental Planes:
- -5 Astral Plane
- -4 Plane of Water
- -3 Plane of Fire
- -2 Plane of Air
- -1 Plane of Earth
- maximum level
- hit points
- maximum hit points
- number of deaths. This increases even if the death was averted with amulet of life saving.
- end date in YYYYMMDD format
- start date in YYYYMMDD format
- user ID. This is the UID NetHack runs as, and is only relevant for operating systems that use userIDs.
- name and reason for game ending, separated by a comma