Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The potion of see invisible enables you to see invisible monsters. Blessed potions give you the intrinsic permanently; uncursed and cursed give you the intrinsic for a number of turns. If it is not cursed, this potion will also remove blindness.
When drinking this potion, you receive the message "This tastes like [fruit; default is slime mold] juice." Similarly, the cursed version will taste "rotten." The potion of fruit juice has the same messages; these are therefore difficult to tell apart by random quaffing. They also share the same base cost. Some ways to tell the two apart include:
- If you were blind and were unblinded, it was see invisible.
- If you see previously invisible objects/enemies after quaffing, it was see invisible.
- If you were invisible, you get the terribly worded message "You can see through yourself, but you are visible!"
- Put on a ring of invisibility and if you get the message "Gee! All of a sudden, you can see right through yourself." rather than the normal "Gee! All of a sudden, you can't see yourself." then it was a potion of see invisible.
- Zap a wand of enlightenment or otherwise attain enlightenment. If you have the see invisible intrinsic, it was see invisible.
- Fruit juice is sold in a delicatessen; see invisible is not. If you see one of the two in a deli, it's fruit juice (or booze). Likewise, if a deli buys the potion, it's fruit juice. A delicatessen shopkeeper will not buy see invisible.
- Dipping a unicorn horn into a potion of sickness turns it into fruit juice.
- Dipping an amethyst into a potion of booze turns it into fruit juice.
- Cancelling a potion of sickness or see invisible turns it into fruit juice.
- If you are on the border of a hunger change and it disappears upon quaffing, it was fruit juice; however, this is difficult to test.