The original Rogue game featured a thief who entered the dungeon to steal the Amulet of Yendor. A free clone called Hack retained the Amulet, but introduced some features including a pet dog and multiple roles (classes). The six roles in Hack are Tourist, Speleologist, Fighter, Knight, Cave-man, and Wizard.
List of roguelike games Edit
- ToME: Troubles/Tales of Middle Earth
- ...and so many other Angband variants
- Linley's Dungeon Crawl
- Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
- SLASH'EM - Super Lotsa Added Stuff Hack - Extended Magic
- NetHack brass
- JNetHack - Japanese derivative of NetHack. The older version (based on NetHack 3.2.2) by Issei Numata is here. In addition, beta versions of JSLASH'EM are also available now.
- Nethack en Español - NetHack translated into Spanish.
- The Caves of Larn
- Ultra Larn
- ADOM: Ancient Domains Of Mystery
- IVAN: Iter Vehemens ad Necem
- Mysterious Dungeon - A long-running series of commercial roguelikes.
- Dwarf Fortress (Adventure Mode)
Diablo features many aspects of roguelikes, but was shaped for a mass market. It can be considered a commercial roguelike.
And, see more accurate and detailed list on RogueBasin if you are interested.