Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rumors are a way to learn about the game without reading spoilers. Rumors come in two forms: true and false. The true ones are useful hints, while the false ones are useless or incorrect.
- The Oracle always tells you a true rumor when you pay for a minor consultation.
- The following items give you a true rumor if blessed, a false rumor if cursed and either if uncursed:
- You can sometimes find rumors in the dust on the dungeon floor. Sometimes these can be difficult to read.
- You can write something on the dungeon floor, then engrave with a wand of polymorph to get a rumor.
- Rumor #330: Throwing food at a wild dog might tame him.
This encourages the player to throw tripe at dogs to tame them.
- Rumor #47: Eating a freezing sphere is like eating a yeti.
- Rumor #326: They say the gods get angry if you kill your dog.
- Rumor #7: A cockatrice corpse is guaranteed to be untainted!
- Rumor #157: Sorry, no fortune this time. Better luck next cookie!
This is just plain useless.
- Rumor #195: They say that a hacker named David once slew a giant with a sling and a rock.
Some false rumours are just random references to random things.
- Source:rumors.tru — the data file that contains all the true rumors
- Source:rumors.fal — the data file that contains all the false rumors
- Rumor messages — explains the meaning of each rumor