Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Silver is a material composing a few items in the Dungeons of Doom. Silver cannot corrode or rust and hinders spellcasting when worn as armor. Striking with a silver object will deal silver damage against certain monster types. Any item made of silver is eligible for dealing damage to shades.
List of silver items Edit
The following items are made of silver:
- silver sabers (including Grayswandir and Werebane)
- silver arrows
- silver daggers
- silver spears
- wands with the randomized appearance “silver wand”
- rings with the randomized appearance “silver ring”
- shields of reflection
- The Bell of Opening (a silver bell)
- silver bullets in SLASH'EM
Notable non-silver items Edit
Some items have silver in their name but this refers to their color, not their composition. These items (which do not deal silver damage) include:
- silver dragon scales and silver dragon scale mail (both are made of dragon hide)
- spellbooks with the randomized appearance “silver spellbook” (all spellbooks are made of paper)
Silver damage Edit
Creatures vulnerable to silver are called silver-hating creatures. The following creatures are silver-hating:
- all V vampires
- all proper & major demons (i.e. excluding riders, mail daemons, djinn and sandestins)
- all i minor demons, except tengu
- all lycanthropes
When one of these creatures is struck by a silver item, it will suffer an extra d20 damage. Unlike other damage bonuses, this extra damage will not be doubled by artifacts such as Grayswandir or Werebane.