Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Among its functions:
- You can use [P] to put on your towel and blind yourself, then [R] to remove it and see again. Thus a towel can perfectly substitute for a blindfold, enabling tourists to attempt the zen conduct.
- You can apply the towel for these purposes:
- If your hands are slippery from a cursed potion of oil, a cursed can of grease, or from eating deep-fried food from a tin, you can apply a towel to wipe them off so you can wield a weapon again.
- If you are blind because of a cream pie, you can apply the towel to clean your face and unblind yourself. (If you remain blind for another reason, "Your face feels clean now.")
- You can engrave with a towel. You will not actually write anything, but you will erase anything written with dust, blood, or even the magic marker. If there was no message, "Your towel gets dusty" or "frosty".
Encyclopedia entry Edit
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels. A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough. [ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams ]
False rumor Edit
Though you can wield a towel as you would any other object, a towel does not qualify as a weapon, has no hit dice, and lacks an associated skill. At a weight of only 2, it barely does any damage to monsters. You can wet a towel but it has no effect (so the developers didn't think of everything?).