The main intent of this fork is to put more randomness, challenges and fun into NetHack.
It features more levels, several UI changes like automatically opened doors and the pickup thrown patch and a lot of game play related changes.
This is the start of a writeup similar to those for vanilla NetHack. It is a preliminary report and currently incomplete.
Significant changes Edit
UnNetHack incorporates a number of previously issued patches, among them the Heck² patch, menucolors, statuscolors, the dump patch with additional HTML output, the color alchemy patch and portions of the Lethe patch. It also has a few features of SLASH'EM, and fixes the Astral call bug among others. It also adds the town branch from nethack brass.
The Adventurer Edit
Dungeon features Edit
UnNetHack adds to NetHack 3.4.3 several dungeon features, among them the Aphrodite level and the Black Market from SLASH'EM and various levels introduced by the Heck² patch. It also randomizes the order of the Elemental Planes.
New monsters are mainly from SLASH'EM:
|Snow ant||a||SLASH'EM||Freezing bite attack|
|Aphrodite||n||SLASH'EM||Steals, as a nymph|
|Anti-matter vortex||v||NetHack brass||Engulfs and disintegrates|
|Gold dragon||D||Nephi||Breath weapon is fire|
|Baby gold dragon||D||Nephi|
|Black marketeer||@||SLASH'EM||One-eyed Sam|
|Cthulhu||@||Lethe patch||casts spells, sucks brains, and confuses|
|Giant turtle||:||SporkHack||blocks line-of-sight like a boulder|
- UnNetHack, in support of the Black Market, adds Thiefbane to the roster of artifacts.
- The Banes (not including Thiefbane) warn of their targeted monsters. Vorpal Blade also warns of jabberwocks.
- The Banes, including Thiefbane this time, can cancel their targeted monsters.
- The Heart of Ahriman grants displacement and energy regeneration instead of stealth.
- Wielding Trollsbane grants hungerless regeneration
Other objects Edit
UnNetHack includes a few new objects:
- An iron safe as a container.
- A tinfoil hat that blocks clairvoyance and impedes spellcasting.
- Rings of gain intelligence, wisdom, and dexterity from SLASH'EM.
- Gold dragon scales and scale mail, acting as a permanent light source.
- Potions of blood which have nutritional value for vampires.
- Potions of vampire blood which polymorph the player into a vampire.