I am not perfect. I especially appreciate if you make my wording clearer or more newbie-friendly while retaining the precision. Special thanks to all those proofreading my edits.
I specialize in wizards because I like magic. (Edits will reflect this.)
2009-07-25: My latest ascension was as an atheist, pacifist, weaponless, wishless, genocide-less, polyself-less, neutral human wizard. Elbereth smiled often - over 1600 acts of literacy. Several polymorphed or charmed vampire lords kept me from starving after the initial Sokoban dive and mine town. The starting magic marker allowed me to create silver scale mail and a spellbook of polymorph. Getting able to cast that was not easy - alchemy, a helm of brilliance in a shop, and a handwritten book of knock helped here. In total, I polymorphed 6030 items, most of them attempts to make ordinary armor magical. Finally, a helm of opposite alignment gave me enough alignment to go on the quest. Next, I farmed for an archon in Vlad's tower and fully kitted it out (+7 Excalibur, all possible magical armor, except no cornuthaum for magic cancellation). The rest was easy. I don't think I ever used conflict, I got the ring only right before the ascension run.
- You offer the Amulet of Yendor to Wikihack.
- An invisible choir sings, and you are bathed in radiance.
- The voice of ZeroOne booms out: "Congratulations, mortal!"
- "In return to thy service, I grant thee the gift of Adminship!"
- You ascend to the status of Demigod...
- Hey, cool, thank you! -Tjr 21:58, 3 August 2009 (UTC)