Some of my random ideas while playing. Have more, in my notes, soon as I can find them. Who knows. Maybe I'll write a patch some day.
- Scroll of light, blessed. Enchants a random piece of armor with 'lit' such that it gives off light as a candle. Stacks as though a number of candles, where a full set would create three squares of light.
- Scroll of fire, confused. Cursed makes a hostile fire-loving monster. Uncursed makes a peaceful fire-loving monster. Blessed makes a tame fire-loving monster.
#burn command, to turn cloth items into a torch and provide a clue as to what it is, for certain types. Otherwise just makes finding a light source much less annoying for the mines.
Poor Man's Scrolls
When writing the name of a scroll with a magic marker on the floor, getting a special effect that's a bit weaker than if it had been a scroll. If under the influence of the spell protection, gives a blessed effect. Otherwise uncursed. If confused, a cursed effect. If hallucinating, a random effect of random BUC.
- Scare monster. Becomes a permanant Elbereth square, and all monsters flee.
For the various wands, making them less useless.
Detects magic, anti-magic, and polymorph traps in it's radius. It's radius is furthermore dramatically increased.
- "The ray of light is consumed in the anti-magic field!" (discovers trap)
- "The ray of light crackles in the magic trap." (discovers trap)
- "The polymorph trap explodes in a flash of kaldidoscope colors!" (spawns 2-8 random 'y')
Invoking of wands creates a special effect, and often destroys the wand. A wand of light, invoked, would recharge a lamp back to full, much like a potion of oil
Much more powerful class of wands, which can be wielded as a weapon in the quarterstaff class. A normal scroll of identify will fail to produce a meaningful identification ("Your head fills with a chacophony of unintelligble runes!"). If blessed, it identifies the charges and nothing else, unless a full inventory identify, in which case it does identify the stave.
- Staff of Dragon's Breath. Gives a random breath attack as though the player were a dragon. The most powerful of which, of course, being a
- Staff of Wonder. Gives a random wand effect, including polymorph and wishing.
Rods Naming a wand creates an artifact a la Sting, each having an invoke effect, and each allowing a chance of wresting even lacking charges. Further, each can be recharged indefinitely, though do still have a limit of fifteen.
Various effects of engraving the right name with the right wand; each wand may have more than one, and up to three, with it taking a variable number of charges. If too few, wasting what charge it had, as per magic markers. If of a matching alignment, giving an emergency bonus.
|digging||God of Mining|
|enlightenment||God of Wisdom||
Shows the number of charges of objects.
|locking||God of Locksmiths|
|magic missile||God of Magic (Hectra?)||
Gives magic resistance for 4d80 turns.
|make invisible||God of Rogues|
|opening||God of Doors|
|probing||Identify BUC status of items.|
|secret door detection|
|speed monster||God of Speed||Chaotic|
|undead turning||God of Undeath|
|fire||Creates a fire trap.|
|sleep||Creates a sleep trap.|
|cancellation||Creates an antimagic field.|
|create monster||Neutral||Special. Makes a monster of the type engraved, only if blessed.|
|polymorph||Creates a polymorph trap. Wand is consumed.|
|teleportation||Creates a teleportation trap. Wand is consumed.|
|death||Chaotic||Absorbs the magic of any object on the square, and adds/subtracts a charge; counts as being recharged once more.|
|wishing||Lawful||Same as zapping.|