Nice work Edit
Well done for starting the mammoth task of annotating the source code! 184.108.40.206 16:42, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
It seems RogueBasin have disabled new user account creation because of spam problems.
To get an account, try asking Slash, who I believe is a wiki admin. You can find out all admins' names at Special:Listusers.
Btw, your NetHack strategy guide is great, thank you for posting it. The annotated source code here is really cool too. You may want to link to the nethack reference card at http://www.webfroot.co.nz/nethack/ and you also may want to link or copy-paste in the BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO NETHACK SOURCES at http://members.shaw.ca/rob.ellwood/sources.txt
P.S. why did you restore the main copy of the translation page to strategywiki? The main copy is maintained at RogueBasin. It is bad when wikipages fork as it is hard to keep two competing copies in sync. :-)
- I was unaware that there was RogueBasin discussion in rec.games.roguelike.development. Currently I do not read Usenet, but I should probably get a Google Groups account soon, in particular so I can post to rec.games.roguelike.nethack if I ever ascend. Meanwhile if I have time later I will link in the reference card and sources guide. (Unless I have enough copyright permission, like this example.)
- As for the StrategyWiki translations page, I initially restored it probably because I noticed that I could not edit RogueBasin; so the RogueBasin page did not feel like a wiki page to me. I probably want to only list the translated versions of NetHack, but link to RogueBasin for the other stuff. --Kernigh 03:38, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
Strategywiki: Wikihack article count Edit
Can you update the Strategy wiki NetHack table of contents page to reflect the current amount of articles we have here? It says that Wikihack has about 100 articles, which is a bit outdated piece of information, since we actually currently have 2,029 articles. --ZeroOne 16:42, 14 May 2006 (UTC)
Most of those articles were created sporadically, and I do tend to be forgetful. You really only needed to say it once. Lotte 20:19, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
Hi, could you mark the user Jaytbot as a bot so that it doesn't clutter up the Recent Changes page when I import all the source code files? Thanks! --Jayt 23:48, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
Main page Edit
Maybe the main page should also link to dungeon features, like it does to monsters and item classes? -paxed 14:07, 15 August 2006
Are you still having problems with the site .js? Splarka had a look, and couldn't see anything missing. Perhaps you found the problem? If you still need help, then the best thing to do is leave a message on one of his talk pages, and he'll get back to you. -- sannse (talk) 08:26, 7 September 2006 (UTC)
Article Issues Edit
Hi, I've looked you up- mostly because I feel unsure about changing or contradicting peoples work.
I displaced Shijun's Cold article for one which matched the Fire article in format. I moved his stub to discussion, and notified him. For fairness a responsible third person should just check it all over. In particular his article had useful information about passive attacks which I had no knowledge of.
Centaur looks iffy in a few places. The misspelt Mountian centaur is the main one- which I think I fixed; a redirect complicates things. The centaur page has (I think) mixed Mountain and Plain centaur colours. I'm not sure Plains centaur, Mountain centaur, Forest centaur and centaur are all required.--PeterGFin 14:15, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
- Kernigh writes: MediaWiki automatically uppercases the first letter, so forest centaur is a link to Forest centaur, but Forest centaur and Forest Centaur are different pages. It seems that we had two duplicate articles, so I have redirected mountain Centaur to mountain centaur.
- Anyone can modify the wiki pages, so whoever works on those pages may decide whether to keep the three separate centaur pages or merge them all to centaur. I just now removed the tables from the centaur page. However, another editor may change it later to look more like the mummy or zombie page. Wiki means quick, and we do not know which quick changes that others may later make.
- I have not yet studied the situation at the Cold article, but I think that you did right by moving the old article to discussion. --Kernigh 22:07, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
Current feature Edit
Just wanted to say that the "More" addition is pure genius and I wish I had thought of it myself. Lotte 02:32, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
some chit-chat Edit
Hi! I never thought I would meet you on the wiki, given all your edits were done way before my time. -Tjr 20:11, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
New skin changes Edit
Hi there, I'm from the gaming team and i'm here to help you make any necessary tweaks to your wiki for the upcoming new Wikia skin. I didn't want to just barge in without saying hi and checking to see if you had any issues or concerns. The main things that need fixing are the sidebar menu, which will be moving and "tighter" (though yours is concise as it is) and a few tags which don't seem to transfer over smoothly (like the colours for all the monsters). Feel free to contact me regarding any changes you'd like. — Game widow 11:41, September 30, 2010 (UTC)