Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yet Another Stupid Death (also Yet Another Annoying Death; Commonly abbreviated to YASD or YAAD) is used when a player has done something, usually avoidable, that leads to his or her demise. Common YASDs include:
- Hitting a floating eye in melee combat
- Hitting a greater mimic in melee combat
- Attempting to engage in melee combat with very low HP left
- Being killed by a water demon or snake after quaffing from a fountain in hopes of getting a wish
- Not noticing that your character has gotten weak from hunger, then being attacked when he/she faints
- Touching/eating/fighting while bare handed/otherwise manipulating a cockatrice, its corpse, or its egg
- Drowning in water or lava
- Genociding oneself
- Eating rotten food after recently praying
- Eating something you shouldn't eat (Medusa's corpse - "hey, there's a melon on the ground!")
- Zapping a Wand of Death (or some other powerful beam) at a wall and getting hit by the reflection
- Wandering near a known giant eel/kraken position
- Death by Boredom
- Kicking and injuring your foot resulting in death due to low health
- Dropping off your pony/horse/war horse after attempting to saddle it on low health
- Wishing for a non-aligned artifact, and having it kill you
Some players distinguish YASD from YAAD, using YAAD or DYWYPI for random, unavoidable events such as falling onto poison spikes (provided the pit wasn't already known, of course), and reserving YASD for pilot error. Amusingly enough, YASDs can happen to monsters as well, such as them bouncing a beam off a wall back to themselves.